Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Homemade Toothpaste?

In my quest to go natural and homemade with as many things as possible I have finally gone off the deep end (or so some seem to think). I have started making my own toothpaste. I have yet to convince any of my family members to try it, but I am not deterred. I love the way it makes my teeth feel 'just been to the dentist' clean. It doesn't have any fluoride in it, but I have been doing some research on fluoride and I am not convinced that fluoride doesn't do more harm than good anyhow. I drink plenty of fluoridated water (well coffee made with fluoridated water), so I think I get enough of that anyway. So for those of you who are as brave as I am and want to take the homemade toothpaste plunge here is my recipe.

1/4 cup baking soda
1 T coconut oil
5 drops peppermint essential oil

Mix all the ingredients together and add water drop by drop until you get the consistency that you want. I cleaned out an old Crest Expressions toothpaste tube (it's really more of a bottle) and used it to store my homemade delight in.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so lazy. I want to try the stuff but frankly I am slothful.

    ReplyDelete