I've been writing this blog since 2008, and have worked out many a problem through my writing about it. Sometimes the problems I encountered lead to life-lessons I needed to learn, and I wanted to share those lessons with others, some posts were intended to provoke a call to action, still others were simply household hints and natural cleaning recipes I've picked up along the way in my years as a mom since 1995.
I've written about my faith, politics, my struggles with clinical depression/anxiety and other illnesses in my life, as well as a few posts about my family, holiday traditions, and life in general thrown in the mix. In a nutshell my blog is an amalgamation of different aspects of my life - My God Centered Green Life.
I write because I enjoy the process of writing, and putting my thoughts to word. In the process, if I can make just one person feel a little less alone, depressed or anxious; if I can pass along a household tip, a piece of encouragement, to a stressed out parent, then that's gravy. It makes sitting down at the computer and pouring out my heart worth the trouble.
A few pieces of trivia about me in case you just want to read the bullet points: ☺
- God is in the driver's seat of my life, but I keep trying to take over the wheel! Life is a process
- I am an avid reader and bibliophile. The mind is a terrible thing to waste.
- I am a rabid Anglophile
- I admire everything vintage or made before circa 1975
- I was born in the last official year of the baby boomers, so I have one foot in that era and one foot in this.
- I am passionate about preserving the earth and it's resources
- I am a Pinterest-aholic
- I love meeting new people to share ideas and philosophies
- I have the best kids on the planet, even though they drive me to the brink of insanity on a daily basis
- What you see is what you get with me, either fortunately or unfortunately. I don't like fake people and honesty is the best policy for me
- I don't add posts to this blog often enough enough
- I am an all or nothing perfectionist (so says my therapist ☺)
- I am trying to make this blog easier to navigate, but keep putting it off (see above for justification)
- I love coupons, but not in a crazy obsessive kind of way
- I keep adding to this list (again see bullet about the perfectionism)