Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Psalm 100


 I love this Psalm.  I should dedicate myself to re-reading it every.single.day.  The over-riding message in this passage is simple.  We need to stop what we are doing and thank God for who he is.  We shouldn't have to be reminded praise him;  shout his name to the world;  worship him with gladness, and be thankful for the very lives he has given to us.  It really should be second nature, as believers. Unfortunately, we get caught up in our lives, and the problems of the world. We forget to pause, and enter into the court of God, where is is always waiting patiently for us, his errant children, to simply thank him.
It is astounding to me to have a God who is always waiting for me.  He doesn't hound me:  He doesn't hunt me down:  He is just always there, reaching out his hand when I need it.  Revelation 3:20 says - I stand at the door and knock, if anyone opens the door, I will come in.  God doesn't break down the door and force his way in, demanding our thanksgiving.  No, he patiently waits for us to get tired of trying to do everything on our own; until we open the door and let him in.
So, today, all of us who believe in God should take time to open the door to God.  We should give thanks to him not only for who he is, but also for making us who we are.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment