Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Summer Project.

One of them, anyway.  This project took me longer than I thought it would.  I admit I did move slowly, though.  I could have gotten it done more quickly if I had really focused.  At any rate, it is done now and I am pretty happy with the results.  The cost of this project was $12.00 for a quart of gloss white paint, $1.99 for the cherry rub-on appliques and $5 for a roll of shelf liner.  I made my own turquoise paint by mixing together the white paint I used for the base and some craft paint that I had on hand.  The handles and hinges I spray painted with paint that was already in my garage.  I probably wouldn't have purposely chosen pink for the handles, but that is what I had, and it does match the colors in my kitchen.  The cabinet itself was free.  My dad built it a few years ago out of some cabinets he had salvaged out of a neighbor's kitchen when they remodeled.  My parents used it in their laundry room for several years and passed it on to me once they no longer needed it.  I think it's not bad for a $19 cabinet. Now I have food storage in my kitchen, plus a sense of accomplishment at having finished this project.  Not to mention, it goes right along with my Reduce, Reuse and Recycle lifestyle.  And it's cute too.

This is the cabinet before:
 And here is the finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment