Thursday, September 6, 2012

Getting Crafty

The kids are back in school, so I found a little time to indulge in one of my hobbies.  I love making custom cards for people for special occasions.  I keep telling myself that I should make a bunch of cards up and then when an occasion comes along, I will simply grab one and send it along to whomever.  The trouble with that is, I like the card to be special and custom made just for the person to whom it's going.

Meh, that's probably part of my all-or-nothing perfectionism my therapist keeps telling me I have.  I should just throw caution to the wind and not try to make everything ::just right:: for every occasion.

Anyway, here's a picture of my latest creation.  It was for a dear friend's birthday and I enjoyed making it special for her, and I hope she felt special receiving it.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This is my problem with the beading stuff! I like to create, not mass-produce. It's a catch22.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and...THAT'S SO COOL! Those are the kind of cards you keep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful!I'd love to learn how to make one like that someday. You do lovely work!

    ReplyDelete