Monday, January 12, 2009

New Year New Look






I figured since I gave my blog a new look for the new year, I might need to do something about my house as well. It has been sorely neglected lately. With four kids, three dogs and two parents in a roughly 2200 square foot house, we can't afford to get to far behind in junk tossing, or else we risk drowning in our own filth. So, yesterday as the Christmas decorations were finally put away for another year, I started thinking maybe it was time to start doing some much needed cleaning.

My children are certainly old enough, at (almost) 14, 12, 11 & 9 to pick up after themselves; they do have chores. I am just not a very good example for them. I will readily admit that I would rather do anything besides clean the house. I have lots of hobbies and sweeping ain't one of 'em. It has to be done, though, so I grudgingly do it. I have long since given up New Year's resolutions and any hope that I will ever enjoy cleaning my house; I know I will abandon my resolve for more interesting pursuits. I do like the way it looks when it is neat and tidy, however. That is kind of the reason for this post. I am showing you (and myself) my progress, so that when I look at the beauty of my clean house, it will keep me motivated to get off my lazy butt and go chuck a few things and tidy up. That way, I can move on to the things I really enjoy.

So far only the dining room, living room and kitchen have been tackled. Those are the pictures I have added. Pay no attention to the little kid under the Sponge Bob blanket, he isn't supposed to be here today. He was 'sick' this morning, so I let him stay home. He's feeling better right now, so he is cleaning the bathroom.

Hey, maybe if I keep one child per day home from school this week, I can have the whole thing spotless by Friday?

1 comment: