Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Pictorial Stroll Down Memory Lane


Hi, my name is Kim.  This is me, when I was a few months old.  My mom had a sadistic sense of humor I guess.  It is the only thing that can explain the hair-do she gave me.
And just 3 short years later, my hair had turned from black to white.  What we Texans call tow (or is it toe?) headed.
Then my hair turned red and I morphed into a mouse.
My husband's parents obviously had quite the sadistic nature as well judging by the creep they had him pose with.  This is in Spain.  They didn't have Santa, but instead, the Three Kings and this is one of them, apparently.  Or maybe he is just crying because they made him wear tights and ugly shoes, I don't know.
Somehow he managed to survive the '70s with a bad haircut and Coke-bottle military issue glasses...
And in the '80s he survived on his own by channeling his inner Don Johnson
Then in 1991, we met.  Well, my big hair met his big glasses, at any rate.
Then we got married and had 4 pretty cute kids one right after the other.  Seen here with their cousins and their Mimi and PawPaw, my parents.
Once a year I make them dress up and act like they like each other and take a picture of the charade for our annual Christmas card.  This past Christmas 2011, was the first year we skipped.  I just didn't have the energy to make them act nice.  Did I yet mention they are teens?
My hair has gone through many incarnations over the years.  I got a wild hair (no pun intended) and decided to cut it all off when I was pregnant with my 3rd child in 1997.  I am smiling in this picture despite the pain of an ugly haircut.  As you can see, my son is covering his face so as not to look directly at me.
I have really enjoyed being a mom.  And I have owned the Mom Jeans to prove it.
The kids are teens now(say a prayer for me, k?), but I still kid myself into thinking they are sweet and innocent, like they were back then.  Back when they thought I was the best mommy in the world, would look at me with their big brown eyes, and crawl up in my lap for a hug.
There are days now (more and more days, to tell the truth) when I wish I could ride off into the sunset in the 1978 Mustang that I owned back in my single days, but all in all, it's not a bad deal that I have.
And just for grins and added flavor here at the end - I give you a picture of my great grandmother, Zelpa.  I think I look like her a bit.  Don't you?
And one picture of my husband's antecedents.  I can see a bit of him in the tall guy on the right.  I'm not sure which person in the picture he was decended from; perhaps the tall guy on the right, who knows. :)
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Love this! I remember seeing a few of these before. It doesn't seem that long ago that they were little, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I LOVE this post!! These pics and your humor are faaaaabulous!!

    ReplyDelete