Friday, January 8, 2016

The Power Of Positive Thinking

Years ago, when I was laid off from my job, and feeling pretty negative about my life and my prospects of supporting myself, I picked up a small, thin, unassuming book called The Power of Positive Thinking, by Norman Vincent Peale.

The book became my anchor during that time.  I would wake up every morning and read a little more of it, and slowly, I began to allow the simple words to give me strength to carry on.

I finally got another job.  I was able to pay my rent.  I had food to eat. I never forgot that book that got me through that uncertain time.  In fact, I still have it.  It's dog-eared and yellowing now, and I still believe in the simple principles laid out in the book.

At different intervals, my natural glass half empty nature starts to creep.  It is then that I return to the concept - positive thoughts always overcome negative thoughts - when you open yourself up to the possibilities positive thoughts can create, and allow that simple truth to seep in.

If you've never had the pleasure of reading this book, written in 1952, but still as fresh today as it was over half a century ago, give it a try.
This is a picture of my beloved copy.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment