Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Peace, man.

I find myself yesterday and today, not only dispirited by an Atheist, but also by fellow Christians. The enemy is trying to shake me in whatever way he can. This often happens in times of spiritual growth. Satan sees me coming into a deeper understanding of God's word, or moving to a new level of relationship with God and he doesn't like it. There are two ways to attack, one is by sending in the opposition, the other is to divide and conquer. Both tactics are being used. I am glad that I can see it for what it is. The enemy has no control over me. God is in control and if I stop and listen to his voice speak to me through his word, I will learn what I need to learn in order to arm myself against these attacks. I will not allow myself to become disheartened. My faith in a loving and graceful father is too strong for that. It is in Jesus that I have the power to overcome the forces of darkness that are at work ever day to keep me down. I don't believe in war, except for spiritual warfare. I have armed myself and I am ready to battle!

Watch this video and let the word of God speak to you.
Word of God Speak - Mercy me

Passage Psalm 139:5-6:
5 You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.


Passage Romans 8:35-39:35
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Passage 2 Corinthians 4:7-10:
7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.


Passage Ephesians 6:10-13:
The Armor of God
10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

1 comment: