Friday, January 4, 2008

Even when I don't know.

Some days it is hard for me to even articulate what I am feeling. How can I even pray if I can't find the words to express myself. This is how I have been feeling lately. I know that something is missing in the life of someone I love dearly, but I don't know what that is. It's not for me to say. But I feel it in the depths of my being. I am helpless to fix what I can not see or touch. I can pray though. I can also ask the Holy Spirit to intercede for him. To help him see that there is more to life than he has been living. It is not about the things, the chores, the money or the work. In the end it is all about the relationships that we create. These words from Romans help me to pray when I am at a loss for words as I am today.

Romans 8:26-27:
26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

1 comment: