Sunday, January 6, 2008

I am not a mistake.

It is so awesome to know that the Lord has made us in his image. Not only that but we are each unique and different in our own ways. I was created for this time in history because that was God's plan. I will never understand those who don't believe that there is order to the universe. How can they not believe that this place, and we, are divinely designed. Nothing else makes sense to me. When I held my babies after they were born, it made it all the more real to me. I did not create this life. Nature did not create this life. God created this life. For a reason. My job here on this earth is to seek his will and find that reason for myself and to guide my children to find their own path. There are so many naysayers in the world, telling me that I can't do certain things. That I'm not good enough, strong enough, smart enough, or whatever. They are right in a way. Only through Christ am I able to do what I do. That doesn't mean that I am weak or that I have low self esteem. It means that I am strong enough to yield to the God of the universe who knows infinitely more than I do how to get where I am going. I am reminded of a scripture in Psalms. It is one of my favorites. It is comforting to me to know that there is a master plan and that God holds the guide book (and me) in his hands.

Psalm 139:1-6:
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.


This is a poem that also touches my heart. It is by Russell Kelfer

You are who you are for a reason.
You are part of an intricate plan.
You're a precious and perfect unique design,
Called God's special woman or man.

You look like you do for a reason.
Our God made no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb,
You're just what he wanted to make.

The parents you had were the ones he chose,
And no matter how you may feel,
They were custom-designed with God's plan in mind,
And they bear the Master's seal.
No, that trauma you faced was not easy.
And God wept that it hurt you so;
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that into his likeness you'd grow.

You are who you are for a reason,
You've been formed by the Master's rod.
You are who you are, beloved,
Because ther is a God!

This video from Casting Crowns (The Voice of Truth) reminds me to crowd out the world and the enemy's message that I'm not enough with the voice of truth that can only come from God. When I hide his word in my heart I am able to see the lies of the world for what they are and to hear His voice more clearly when he tells me to trust him. He made me for a reason. He knows the road I am supposed to take. He has it all mapped out. All I need to do is listen, to be still and to know that he is God.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwsvqVmFV6Y&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment