Saturday, March 7, 2015

I'm Glad I Drew the Line and Gave up Control of my Life



I vividly recall the day I drew the line.  The day I said ENOUGH!  Not only could I not [do] this thing called life, I no longer had the desire to try.
It was not an easy task to come to the end of myself - to face my own mortality and realize I wasn't living my best life, that no matter how hard I tried to steer the boat, I wasn't meant to be the Captain; I kept getting off course.

My arms were tired of the constant struggle.

Now, I can't say that every day has been smooth sailing since the day I gave the steering wheel away but I can say that this vessel has weathered many a storm and every time the clouds roll back, I find myself again on the sunny deck riding the waves with the assurance that the Captain knows the route and will keep me safe.

~Psalm 141:2-3New Life Version (NLV)
May my prayer be like special perfume before You. May the lifting up of my hands be like the evening gift given on the altar in worship. O Lord, put a watch over my mouth. Keep watch over the door of my lips.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment